How we use your information
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and/or share include:
- Personal information (such as name, gender, and age)
Why we collect and use this information
We use the data:
- To monitor the number of members the Community Association has
- For contact details in case of emergency
- For age group targets, funding & local community impact
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use your information under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Article 6 - Lawful basis
- Consent – the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: The processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
Storing of your data
We hold your data if it is lawful for us to do. Any data that we are no longer required to hold lawfully is deleted/destroyed in accordance with the Community Associations GDPR Data Ecosystem document.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, contact the Centre Manager (who acts as Data Protection Officer) using the details provided at the end of this document. ICO guidelines state that you must have a valid reason for requesting this data. You are not entitled to the information simply because you are interested. Please see the Community Association's subject access request policy (available on request) for further information.
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, restrict processing, erased or destroyed
- Data portability
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations;
- Withdraw consent for special categories by requesting a new membership form
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the Community Association Manager.